Job Role: - Procurement Officer (Sourcing)
This is a position to assist the Procurement Team Leader in the provision of a value for money procurement service to our client’s service users, in line with our clients’ regulations and ISO 9001 procedures, ensuring Service Level Agreement and Business Plan objectives are achieved.
This role is principally concerned with a sourcing / contracting role.
Hours of Work: – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: - £12.25
What the role entails:
· Proactively reviewing and sourcing goods and services in line with value for money principles.
· Purchasing goods and services including the utilisation of the tendering and quotation process in accordance with the client’s procedures to achieve value for money.
· Ensure all purchases are made in accordance with relevant legislation including European and British Standards.
· Providing purchasing advice and information to customers relating to the choice of goods and services.
· Operating a PC and computer systems to facilitate the delivery of a purchasing service.
· Resolving invoice queries in conjunction with the client’s Finance Departments to ensure prompt payment of suppliers.
· Responding to queries from suppliers.
1a.GCSE Mathematics and GCSE English (A« - C)
equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
Two x A Levels or equivalent qualification
18 months’ relevant business/commercial/ financial experience*;
1b. GCSE Mathematics and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
Primary Degree and 6 months’ relevant business/ commercial/financial experience*
1c. GCSE Mathematics and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience*, two of which must be in a business/commercial/financial environment.
*Relevant experience should be within a general commercial/business/financial environment to include clerical and/or administration work.