Job Role: Member Services Officer
We are recruiting a Member Services officer for our public service client based in Lisburn
The post holder will be required to provide a comprehensive service to the Council and its Committees to ensure Meetings are held in line with legislation and Council Standing Orders.To undertake such follow-up action required to implement Council/Committee decisions. To assist the Head of Service with the smooth running of the Members’ Services Section.
The post holder may assume additional duties relevant to the post as reasonably assigned by the Head of Service/Director of Corporate Services to address changing business needs and priorities, including cover for the PCSP Manager in respect of Members’ Services duties.
Location - Lisburn
Hours of Work – Mon – Friday 9am – 5pm
Salary - £16.25ph
Contract – 30th July 2021 with possible extension
What the role entails:
· To prepare agenda, attend meetings (including unscripted and open forum with residents and other agencies), compile minutes and reports in accordance with the Council’s format and in accordance with the Council’s standing orders, regulations or legislation.
· To implement, where necessary, in an efficient and effective manner, decisions taken by committees with general correspondence and to undertake booking of conferences and courses for Members and Officers as appropriate.
· To ensure that effective manual and computerised record systems exist for all areas of responsibility, including committee decisions taken and to transfer minutes and reports to the internet.
· Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
· Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery through the mainstreaming of equality within the Council.
· Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit and promote the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council.
· A third level qualification (e.g. HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4) or equivalent.
· A minimum of three years’ general clerical/administrative experience in an office environment to include word processing experience and a similar role in an office and public facing environment.
· Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in above, they must demonstrate a minimum of six years’ experience as outlined above.
· Ability to work unsociable hours on a rota basis and ability to work additional hours as required
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.