Job: Senior Accountant
Location: Greater Belfast
Salary: £45,940 - £47,326
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours Per Week (Monday - Friday) - Flexible hours
The Job Role:
This role has responsibility for a number of key functions within the Finance Office, including the supervision of payroll processes, pension administration and the administration of the Clients Members (Salaries and Expenses.) This includes offering advice and support to Members and overseeing the approval and payment of all Members’ expenditure claims. The post-holder will also be responsible for the preparation of the Annual Resource Accounts for the Clients Members’ Pension Scheme.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
The main duties are:
- Providing advice and support to MLAs on all aspects of the Clients Members (Salaries and Expenses) Determination (Northern Ireland) 2016 (as amended) and the Clients Members (Pensions) Determination (Northern Ireland) 2016. This includes providing policy advice and drafting briefing notes on the interpretation of the Determinations as required.
- Supervising the team in delivering a full ranges of services to MLAs (including payroll bureau services, pension administration and invoice payment services);
- Managing the contract for pension administrative services, including attendance at the quarterly Trustees meetings;
- Producing the Annual Resource Accounts for the Clients Members’ Pension Scheme;
- Overseeing engagement with HMRC on matters of payroll tax compliance, for Members and Secretariat staff;
- Assisting in the annual budget setting process by preparing the annual budgets for Member related costs for inclusion in the Clients Commission’s budget; preparing monthly forecasts for payroll and Member related costs, analysing and resolving any variances identified;
- Supervising monthly accounting procedures, including balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations, accruals and prepayments preparation, journal preparation and HMRC returns;
Candidates must have successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full current member of one of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies listed below:
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
- At least two years’ post qualification* experience of preparing financial or management accounts for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation in accordance with the IFRS regime as adopted by the UK ;
- At least two years’ post qualification experience of preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and reporting on the allocation of resources for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation.
- At least two years’ experience of processing payroll or managing and leading a payroll and pension team.
Candidates with previous administrative experience in a legal or similar environment may be preferred to candidates with less relevant experience
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Jamie.email@example.com or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.