Job Role:Planning Assistant
We are recruiting a Planning Assistant for our client who will be responsible to a Senior Planning Officer, through a Planning Officer in the Development Management and Enforcement Team, for the provision of a high quality, efficient and effective Planning Service in the council area.
Location – Newtownabbey
Hours of Work – 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary - £14.38ph
What the role entails:
· Undertake research, monitoring, surveys and site inspections/meetings at various locations across the Borough and respond to consultations ensuring that the Council’s views are expressed effectively.
· Demonstrate a team approach to achieving the objectives of the Section through full flexibility in relation to tasks undertaken.
· Provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to completion.
· Continuously develop personal knowledge and skills to enhance internal and external customer service
· Promote equality and diversity across all service areas through clear leadership, effective policy implementation and demonstrating appropriate behaviours in line with Council values.
· HNC/HND in Planning, Surveying and Cartography or BTEC Higher National Certificate in Land Administration (Planning) or an equivalent/higher standard of qualification
· ONC/OND/BTEC National Diploma in Planning, Surveying and Cartography or BTEC National Diploma in Land Administration (Planning) and an aggregate of at least four years relevant experience*. The four years’ experience may include up to three years relevant full-time study
· Ability to set clear objectives and targets and plan and review activities
· Ability to prioritise and manage own work and the work of others
· Strong organisational skills
· Full current driving licence or, if a disability prevents driving, access to a suitable form of transport to enable the duties of the post to be carried out in full
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.