Job Role: - Financial Accounting Assistant
As a member of the Finance & Governance team, the Financial Accounting Assistant will be expected to contribute to the delivery of the Financial Services Business Plan and the Client’s Corporate Plan. The main duties will include the preparation of the council’s bank reconciliations, preparation and submission of grant claims and support the efficient and effective operation of the client’s financial reporting function.
Location: - Belfast
Hours of Work: - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: SO1 Hourly Rate: £14.38
What the role entails:
Assist the accounts processing team to carry a range of functions within the accounts section including.
- the preparation and reconciliation of income returns of all Clients sites and match to Client’s revenue bank account
- Receipting all monies received in the Clients main bank accounts
- Maintenance of the debtor’s ledger; including processing of monthly invoices, receipting of debtor’s payments, credit control
- Reconciliation of ledgers at month end Assist in the preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with statutory requirements and compliance with relevant Codes of Practice.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with statutory requirements and compliance with relevant Codes of Practice.
- Assist with the financial information to support calculations of performance indicators as required by the Department of the Environment or other quality standards.
- Assist with the financial statements for related client bodies in accordance with the accounts format required by Central Government.
- Assist with the Whole of Government Accounts (WGA) return as required by Central Government, to include agreement of balances and transactions with other WGA bodies.
- Assist the Financial Controller in meeting the requirements of the Local Government Finance Act (NI) 2011 and Local Government (Capital Finance & Accounting) Regulations together with relevant guidance and CIPFA codes of accounting best practice.
Be a member by examination of a CCAB recognised body
Hold a third level qualification in Accounting or Business/Finance related subjects and be currently pursuing a course of study of a CCAB recognised body*
*Applicants currently pursuing a course of study must be part qualified. (Final exams only outstanding)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a computerised accruals accounting environment to include:
- assisting in the preparation of financial statements and the preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Experience in relevant accruals accounting.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Problem solving/decision making skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good organiser - able to plan and prioritise work effectively
- Effective communication skills
- Good team working and motivational skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Jamie.Winchester@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.