Job Role: Capital build and Asset Coordinator
To support Capital Build and Asset Manager in the delivery of Capital Projects, Assets, and Infrastructure programmes, including co-ordination of activities across directorates.
To contribute as an integral member of the Facilities and Assets team to support the vision and mission of the client as outlined below:
Location - Lisburn
Hours of Work - 36.25 hours per week. Mon - Fri (9:00am -5:00 pm) & (10am- 6pm)
Monday - Friday, with standby 1 in 4 weeks
Salary - £17.41 per hour
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the development and implementation of client capital build strategy and oversee capital build projects, ensuring that they are effectively planned and managed, and improve clients’ estate.
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in ensuring the successful project management of multimillion capital build projects on time and within budget, ensuring contractual responsibilities and obligations are met and results are evaluated against budget and programme targets.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop capital and revenue programmes, and budgets; exercising a tight control over expenditure, providing effective and timely contingency if required.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with the Central Procurement Directorate (Health Projects), external design teams, main and sub-contractors.
- Work closely with the Facilities Team in the design and delivery of capital projects to ensure completed infrastructure can be efficiently integrated and operated.
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the preparation, management and delivery of any required capital improvement plans relating to the existing client’ estate.
- To assist the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the development and management of a procurement framework to ensure access to or provision of suitable and relevant professional expertise in a cost effective and timely fashion.
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
1. Possess a degree level qualification in a relevant subject such as, Construction; Building Surveying; Energy and Building Services Engineering; Planning & Property Development; Estates Management or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 2 years’ post Graduate experience working in a capital projects management role.
3. Demonstrable experience of successfully managing new build construction projects.
4. Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of construction procurement and contract management.
5. Ddemonstrable experience in the use of architectural design software.
6. Can demonstrate:
(a) excellent planning, communication, and organisational ability.
(b) ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines.
(c) strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
(d) a strong customer orientation.
7. Possess a full, current UK driving license or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the job
- Possess a project management qualification e.g., Prince
2.Have experience of working within local government or the public sector