Staff Infrastructure Engineer
$200k + stock options
MPA is currently recruiting a Staff Infrastructure Engineer for a hyper growth e-commerce technology company join their team. This role also has remote options. Our client is building the infrastructure to make an Amazon Prime-like experience for all e-commerce. They have raised a total of $500 million in funding and have seen annual revenue increase by 600% year on year.
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers.Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
They are building a brand new Platform Engineering group to support their product teams and manage the platforms and tools they use to build, observe and deploy services. A major pillar of that group is a dedicated Infrastructure team. They work closely with our engineers to advocate a DevSecOps mindset, and provide the tools required to continuously deploy and observe systems in production.
Initially, you will be building out a fully managed AWS infrastructure management practice, driving their conversion from manual resource management to Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or a similar tool. As well as automation and developer support, you will be responsible for building and managing the applications that govern, manage, and deploy applications in production.
Their lead and staff engineers are the leaders and the go to people for the less experienced engineers in their team. You will be a critical part of onboarding additional engineers as the team grows, mentoring junior engineers, showing general technical leadership, and making decisions in your areas of ownership.
Outside of your core function, you will be expected to also explore new tools and tech that could be introduced to help with their automation and infrastructure management goals going forward.
Key skills and experience required:
· Strong direct understanding of AWS and its primary services, including AWS compliance, cost and monitoring tools.
· Direct experience building or managing an Infrastructure as Code model for a large (100+) engineering organization
· Expert level understanding of at least one major infrastructure management tool like Terraform, Pulumi or CDK
· A working knowledge of multiple infrastructure management tools
· Experience designing Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Plans using AWS infrastructure
· Knowledge and experience supporting security compliance requirements in infrastructure (SOC2, ISO27001)
· Knowledgeable and comfortable with Agile development practices
· Excellent understanding of Observability solutions and concerns
· Proven ability to provide and support strong and scalable CI/CD pipeline
For more info please contact conall.anderson@Mparecruitment.ca or +1 437 234 5135.