MPA Recruitment has been retained by a leading Digital Health organisation to recruit a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to join their team.
You will be joining an organisation that has grown significantly in recent years to become a leader within the Digital Health sector by bringing much-needed innovation to the stagnant health care industry. Their mission is to help people live healthier, happier lives every day.
As a Software Engineer, Backend you'll help our client build scalable and reliable services to support their growing business. In this role, you will work as part of a small cross-functional team to iteratively deliver value to their customers. Each of their product delivery teams is responsible for shipping an important piece of our roadmap, as well as continually maintaining and improving a specific area of their product.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. As a more senior member of the team, you also provide guidance to the team with openness and empathy. You understand the business impact of your code and you enjoy working closely with a product manager to find the best solution for the problem at hand.
In this role, you will:
· Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven development team
· Implement new features and core services in their platform
· Lead technical design discussions and inform implementation priority
· Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
· Mentor multiple engineers and lift the skills of others on the team
· Help to align technical strategy with business goals
· Live their team values of ownership, pragmatism, cooperation, and empathy for their customers
· You have a minimum of 5 years backend development experience
· You enjoy delivering value to customers
· You have experience building scalable, fault-tolerant web services
· You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
· You understand how the web works and what a good API looks like
· When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
You will receive a very competitive salary along with employee stock options and unlimited paid time off.
To find out more or to apply for this position please send an up to date resume to email@example.com or click Apply.