Our client is a Belfast based charity which delivers a range of services to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We are seeking a Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive; someone to join our team in what is a fast changing and lively environment.
As a personal assistant (PA) you will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis. You will assist the CEO to make the best use of their time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
You will be expected to acquire extensive knowledge of the client and to know who key personnel are, both external and internal, and understand the client's aims and objectives.
The CEO relies heavily on her PA, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in their absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes of the post.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
Tasks are likely to include:
- devising/maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
- arranging travel, accommodation, and occasionally travelling with the CEO to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
- screening phone calls, enquiries, and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
- organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments
- dealing with incoming email, faxes, and post, often corresponding on behalf of the CEO
- carrying out background research and presenting findings
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports, and presentations
- organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the CEO is well prepared for meetings
- liaising with clients, suppliers, and other staff
- drafting our client’s documentation and policies with the support of our outsourced HR company for final approval by the CEO
- communicating our policy and procedures to staff and dealing with simple ad hoc HR queries
- attending disciplinary and grievance meetings to take comprehensive notes
- tracking employee reviews, probation, sick leave, and any other relevant employment requirements
- drafting letters on behalf of the Senior Management Team
In addition to supporting the CEO, and their department, you will also have your own personal workload and responsibilities. The scope of the PA's role is fluid and additional duties may include but are not limited to:
- carrying out specific projects and research
- taking responsibility for specific events or programmes of work
- working closely with other members of the senior management team
1A. A university degree or equivalent qualification AND one year’s relevant experience as an Executive Assistant supporting a Chief Executive or Director or Board/Council
1B. 4 years’ relevant experience as an Executive Assistant supporting a Chief Executive or Director or Board/Council
2. Candidates must have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes.
Experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint