Job Title: Office Supervisor (Legal Services) - 3139
On behalf of our Client, the Northern Ireland Housing Executive, MPA Recruitment welcomes suitable applications for the role of Office Supervisor in Legal Services in the Belfast Area.
Location: Adelaide Street, Belfast
Hours of work: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday: 09.00am to 5pm)
Salary range: £11.39
• Providing general secretarial support to the solicitors as and when required and work collaboratively with other staff in the administrative team, providing support and cover as required, to ensure a flexible and responsive secretarial and clerical service for the Legal Services team.
• Ensuring that relevant records within the Legal Services department are up to date.
• To assist with the financial management and regulatory requirements of the office, including the attainment and maintenance of ISO 9001
• Organising people, information, and other resources to ensure that all administration processes within the Legal Services department work effectively.
Legal Services administration team duties
• Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets, and databases to ensure the efficient running of the office.
• Assisting with business planning within Legal Services
• Managing online and paper filing systems
• Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management.
• Ensuring that office equipment is maintained.
• Recording and monitoring office expenditure to assist in the setting of Legal Services’ annual budget (including preparing, collating, and analysing relevant data) and reporting on same to Head of Legal Services.
• Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
• Supervising the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs, including ensuring telephones, printers, computers, faxes, copiers, and other office machinery are well maintained and appropriate for the needs of the office.
• Maintaining the office library (manual and electronic) and ensuring all solicitors have access to relevant publications in a cost-effective manner.
• Organising staff meetings and recording the minutes in relation to same
• Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences.
• Allocating work to staff, monitoring their workload and output and reporting on same to Head of Legal Services
• Monitoring and providing feedback on administrative staff performance to Line Manager
• Responding to customer enquiries and complaints
• Implementing organisational health and safety policy and ensuring same is observed.
• Supervising and maintaining solicitors continued professional development and training records.
• Renewing solicitors’ Practising Certificates
• Performing the role of ISO Quality Manager including applying for and maintaining compliance with ISO accreditation/standards, ensuring all policies and procedures are up to date and amended as and when required, and providing training on policies and procedures where required.
• Maintaining the Legal Services’ database (GMA Office Manager on Microsoft Access)
• Managing and maintaining the content of Legal Services’ organisational intranet profile
Note: This summary of responsibilities and personal duties is not intended to be exhaustive. This role will develop and change in line with strategic corporate programmes and projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
1. Possess a BTEC HNC (Level 4) or equivalent level qualification.
*Refer to Qualifications Framework for equivalencies
2. Possess 2 years relevant general administrative experience.
3. Can demonstrate experience in each of the following areas:
The creation and maintenance of electronic databases using Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
Effective use and updating of electronic information management systems (such as Meridio, Housing Management System (HMS) etc)
Collating and analysing information and preparing reports
Dealing with requests for information or enquiries from both internal and/or external parties
Can demonstrate experience of:
Recording notes or minutes of meetings
•A Basic Access NI Check is required at a cost of £18.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for further information and a confidential discussion on this post please call Chris at our Belfast office on 02895 211111
Please ensure your CV is accurate and updated with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.