Job Title: Maintenance Officer - 3423
On behalf of our Client, the Northern Ireland Housing Executive, MPA Recruitment welcomes suitable applications for the role of Maintenance Officer in the Lisburn Area.
In technical, advisory, control and regulatory areas, this grade will decide for example if the work quality, materials etc are acceptable and to specification. The post will give explanations of policy, procedures and regulations or resolve issues where doubt exists.
Location: Antrim Street, Lisburn.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday: 09.00am to 5pm)
Salary range: £11.39
Closing Date: 7th February 2024
• Carry out regular inspections and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and machinery to ensure proper functioning and identify issues.
• Respond promptly to maintenance requests and address issues.
• Maintain records of maintenance activities, including work orders, repairs, and equipment servicing.
• Coordinate with external contractors and suppliers for specialised repairs or maintenance tasks when necessary.
• Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules to reduce downtime and extend the lifespan of equipment and facilities.
• Ensure compliance with safety regulations and protocols while carrying out maintenance activities.
• Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and carry out repairs or recommend replacements as required.
• Communicate effectively with other staff members or tenants regarding maintenance schedules and any necessary precautions.
• Degree in a construction related subject and one year of experience.
• HND in a construction related subject at least 3 years of experience.
• Knowledge of all aspects of building maintenance.
• Full UK Driving Licence and access to a method of transportation
• Previous experience in a social housing environment.
• A Basic Access NI Check is required at a cost of £18.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for further information and a confidential discussion on this post please call Chris at our Belfast office on 02895 211111
Please ensure your CV is accurate and updated with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.