Job Role: Litigation Administrator
To ensure that statutory regulations and the client’s policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
To take part in staff development programmes and annual development reviews and/or undertake further training in order to fulfil the duties of the post if and when required.
To act at all times in a manner consistent with legislation, policy, and procedures in respect of Equality and Diversity.
To work to the mission and values of the client and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues.
To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role and contribute to setting own work objectives.
To undertake any other duties relevant to the post as may be assigned from time to time which are consistent with the responsibilities of the Band.
Location - Belfast
Hours of Work - Mon - Fri, 9am-5pm
Salary - £12.74 Per Hour
Contract - Until Further Notice
What the role entails:
- To provide high quality, effective and comprehensive administrative support systems to the Litigation function within the organisation, making decisions on the basis of need.
- To provide daily administrative support, including diary management, arranging meetings, drafting, and typing letters, data inputting and processing, email management, records management etc.
- To ensure the provision of an efficient and effective first point of contact for legal claims and enquiries received both internally and externally by the client.
- To respond to all litigation queries, correspondence, and telephone calls in a timely and professional manner; initiating action where possible; reporting progress as appropriate; preparing case files and supporting information and ensuring detailed audit trails for all legal claims received by the client.
- To act as the first point of contact to the client’s legal advisors, providing a co-ordination role in the effective management of legal cases and provision of information e.g. Patient Report Forms, witness statements, personnel records, Untoward Incident records, training records, police reports and any other material as deemed necessary by Solicitors or outside Agencies etc.
- To establish effective and collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effective collation of required supporting information/data/documentation for legal cases.
Practical/operational experience of information requests management and records management
- A relevant degree and a minimum of 1 years’ experience in an information governance function with expertise in freedom of information, data protection and records management
A relevant professional qualification in information governance related area or
equivalent and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in freedom of information, data protection and records management
A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an information governance function including freedom of information, data protection and records management, 2 years of which must be at Band 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Experience and understanding of information governance issues in an organisational environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Interpersonal skills to interface with staff, patients, public and other relevant stakeholders as required
- Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and manage priorities and workload appropriately
- Committed to ongoing training to support job role and develop self
- Positive attitude towards learning and development of self and others through continuing personal development
- Knowledge or experience of the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Knowledge or experience of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and future legislative requirements relating to General Data Protection Regulations
Experience of statutory policies, procedures and Regulations in relation to Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Records Management and wider Information Governance agenda
Specialist qualification in an Information Governance area