Job Role: Involvement Officer
MPA Recruitment are delighted to be hiring multiple Band 5 Involvement Officers on behalf of our prestigious client base in the Belfast Area.
Under the direction of the Involvement Services Programme Manager, the post holder will develop, organise, and deliver the personal and public involvement (PPI) / co-production agenda within their locality and other areas (as required). PPI has been defined as the active participation of patients, clients, service users, carers, community representatives and the public in the delivery of the clients’ services. It is about giving local people a say in how services as planned, delivered, and developed. He/she will be expected to work using their own initiative within the context of objectives agreed with the Involvement Services Programme Manager.
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Hourly Rate: £12.74
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Involvement Services Programme Manager to he/she will plan, coordinate, implement and deliver on PPI objectives as directed by the operational and business plans of the client.
- To promote the client within initiatives and engagement opportunities within their designated locality and across NI;
- Plan, organise and facilitate engagement events to fulfil PPI objectives of the client within designated programmes of work.
- Capture and represent the views and experiences of the public, service users, carers and communities in their locality.
- Identify opportunities to work collaboratively with community partners; proactively seeking and building continuous and meaningful engagement with the public, service users, carers and communities to shape and improve services.
- Develop local representation and support local people to have their views heard.
- A university degree or a relevant professional qualification
- 1 years’ experience in working with the public in participative practise.
- At least 4 years’ experience in
- working with the public in
- participative practice.
- Previous experience of collating and representing the views of the public with other stakeholders to influence change.
- Demonstrable experience of being highly organised and working on their own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise and plan a programme of work.
- Ability to communicate confidently with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills including report writing and briefs presenting results of work to senior colleagues.
- Experience in designing and facilitating one to one or group discussions.
- Be highly motivated with excellent negotiation and persuasion skills and an ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with all
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the PCC which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task efficiently achieving targets and meeting deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and sympathetic approach to patients, service users, carers, visitors and members of the public, including the ability to advocate on their behalf.
Experience in the use of a range of Microsoft
Qualification in youth and community work, social work, sociology.
Proficiency in social media.
Experience of working across professional boundaries.
Experience of delivering training.
Experience of working with people who have a mental illness and/or people with a learning disability.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Jamie.Winchester@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.