Job Role:P/T Floating Support Worker - Jobshare
We are pleased to be recruiting an P/T Floating Support Worker - Job share for a returning client for their team that cares and provides a service supporting the homeless people in Belfast City Centre.
We are looking for individuals who are committed, enthusiastic and self-motivated to join our energetic team. You will have experience of working with marginalised people with a range of support needs and risks and have a strong understanding of housing-related support. You must be able to work to Welcome’s ethos of acceptance and delivering services unconditionally. The service aims to prevent homelessness by providing housing related support which helps people to maintain their own accommodation and live independently and inclusively in the community.
Working hours and rate of Pay:
This is a Job Share. You will be expected to work 24 hours a week. 8 hour days on Monday, Tuesday and Friday with a daily 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
Although hours will be mostly worked between 9am and 5pm there will be evening and weekend shifts that will require you to work outside normal office hours as necessary to undertake the duties of the post. This will be on a rota basis.
Salary: £21,450 per annum (pro rata)
Benefits: 20 days per annum plus Public/Bank Holidays (or pro rota) and Pension Scheme
What the role entails:
- Addressing issues of social isolation and exclusion, facilitating clients’ involvement in the community.
- Provide practical support to make clients’ homes habitable, e.g. accessing furniture, setting up utilities, dealing with minor repairs and maintenance.
- Work with clients to draft and implement realistic support plans and risk assessments whilst ensuring clients receive an individual package of support that meets their needs.
- Identify barriers preventing clients from accessing statutory services and raise awareness of their rights.
- Maintain accurate records including handovers, contact notes, casefiles etc.
- Keep abreast of relevant developments in the sector including training and other opportunities relevant to the post.
- Ensure all vulnerable adults and children at risk are safeguarded appropriately.
- Work with, support and mentor Volunteers to enhance the service.
- 1 years’ full time experience of supporting people with complex and multiple needs
- Ability to advocate on behalf of clients while promoting client independence and empowerment
- Ability to take the lead and work in partnership with other agencies
- Ability to self-manage, work in a team and have excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of needs and support services relevant to homeless people who have been rehoused
- Able to work flexible hours as required including some weekend and evenings
- A satisfactory Enhanced Access NI check is required for this post
- The post holder will be required to wear identifiable clothing (uniform) whilst working (under review)
- 2 years driving experience with current clean licence
Closing date is 18th Jan 2022 at 12pm
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.Mcalinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.