Job Role: Floating Support Coordinator
We are pleased to be recruiting to be recruiting a Floating Support Coordinator for our returning client for their team that cares and provides a service supporting the homeless people in Belfast City Centre.
We are looking for an individual who is committed, enthusiastic and self-motivated to join our energetic team.
You will coordinate a comprehensive Floating Support Service for up to 100 people many of whom have experienced extreme homelessness and have complex and multiple needs. The service aims to prevent homelessness by providing housing related support which helps people to maintain their own accommodation and live independently and inclusively in the community.
Working hours and rate of Pay: 37.5 hours per week.
Although normal work hours will be between 9.00 am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, there will some evening and weekend shifts and you will be required to work outside normal office hours as neccessary to undertake the duties of the post.
*All senior staff cover the on-call rota (usually 1 week in 5)
Benefits: 22 days per annum plus Public/Bank Holidays (or pro rota) and Pension Scheme
What the role entails:
- Uphold a low threshold, high tolerance ethos; to promote the principles of harm reduction; and, to maintain a person-centred and empowering approach to service delivery.
- Create an environment which promotes teamwork, multiagency working, diversity and places service users at the heart of the service.
- Promote good morale and a culture of learning, development and continuous improvement where staff feel competent and valued.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure that volunteers are utilised, supported and equipped to carry out designated roles.
- Take the lead on providing daily guidance, advice and support ensuring staff complete delegated tasks effectively and efficiently
- Carry a small caseload of Floating Support service users.
- Support the development and maintenance of an out of hours emergency cover system for Floating Support service users.
- Lead the team in a way that ensures that the prevention and de-escalation of incidents is paramount. If incidents occur ensure staff use de-escalation techniques, emergency first aid and, if necessary, the help of the emergency services and ensure that items used to reduce risk i.e. gloves, first aid boxes etc. are readily available.
- Ensure the team is fully briefed in relation to risk factors, changes in service user behaviour, work plans and outstanding support tasks.
- Ensure that accurate contact notes are maintained and recorded in line with Data Protection.
- Participate in the organisations on-call rota.
- 1 years’ experience delivering services to people who have complex needs and can be challenging and/or hard to engage i.e. mental health, alcohol and drug use, rough sleepers etc.
- 6 months experience working within a housing related field, homelessness, housing, tenancy sustainment, housing advice etc
- Experience of implementing policies and procedures
- Understanding and Commitment to working within our ethos of High Tolerance, Low Threshold service
- Driving licence of 2 years and current clean driving licence
- Car driver with access to car (or transport that allows candidate to fulfil duties of the post)
- Satisfactory Enhanced Access NI check
- Able to work flexible hours as required including some weekend and evenings
Closing date is 18th Jan 2022 at 12pm
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.Mcalinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.