The purpose of The Community Discharge & Social Work Hub is to facilitate safe discharge on the appropriate pathway for patients who have been declared medically fit within a time frame of 48 hours.
Under the direction of the Hub coordinator or the postholder will be responsible for assisting in the flow of discharge from acute hospital sites.
The postholder’s main role will be communication and support with the patient and their family regarding safe and compassionate discharge pathways from the acute site.
The post holder within Community Discharge and Social Work team, will communicate with the patient and all relevant stakeholders to ensure a safe and compassionate discharge.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Salary: £12.25 Per Hour
What the job entails:
· Under the direction of the Hub coordinator the post holder will be responsible for assisting in the safe and effective discharge of patients requiring support from acute hospital sites.
· The postholder will ensure the patient is central in the discharge process and communicates with the patient in an effective and sensitive manner.
· The postholder will explain and issue relevant written information pertaining to the patients discharge pathways.
· The postholder will ensure communication with the patients’ family regarding discharge planning when appropriate.
· The postholder will communicate with key clinical staff on the ward regarding discharge pathways and ensure adequate recording of discharge planning at ward level.
· The postholder will collate required regional documentation pertaining to discharge planning and forward to required services to facilitate safe and effective discharge.
· The postholder will be required to update information systems such as Paris with all relevant patient related interventions.
· Under the direction of the Hub coordinator the postholder will be required to complete required documentation to facilitate discharge with the independent sector.
· To maintain and maximise patient confidentiality, dignity and privacy in accordance with professional and statutory requirements.
Five GCSE’s including English Language (Grades A-C) or equivalent
NVQ Level 3 in Care or equivalent
A minimum of 2 years paid or voluntary experience working with Older People and or people with physical health and disabilities in either a social care or hospital setting in a caring capacity