Job: Clerical Officer (Finance)
Location: Greater Belfast
Salary: £26,691 - £28,357
Hours of work: 37 Hours Per Week (Monday- Friday)
On behalf of our public sector Client based in the Greater Belfast area, MPA recruitment welcome suitable applications for the role of a Clerical Officer
Clerical Officers are responsible for providing administrative support for the full range of activities carried out across the business.
This successful candidate will be placed in the Finance Office.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Check, query and accurately input invoice information onto a Purchase to Pay system, for reconciliation.
· Respond promptly to email, telephone, and face to face queries regarding invoice and payment queries; demonstrate excellent customer service skills, particularly when liaising with external suppliers.
· Prepare and check information for a weekly Payrun, ensuring all information has been entered accurately, and valid sign-off is retained for each payment.
· Prepare CHAPS banking payments for any ad-hoc payments required outside of the weekly Payrun, ensuring valid sign-off has been recorded.
· Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations and ensure that the finance accounting system is kept up to date for any cash transactions.
· Assist in the preparation of journals for review by management and input manual journals onto the finance accounting system, as required.
· Review bank account balances and ensure any drawdown of funds is requested in line with cash requirements / cash forecasting.
· Managing own work to ensure the delivery of objectives.
· Providing accurate information in a professional and helpful manner by referring to organisational policies and procedures.
· Effectively using Microsoft Office and bespoke internal Assembly software systems and databases to prepare documents.
· Complying with all Assembly Commission’s policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures.
· Carrying out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.
1. One year’s previous experience working in a busy Accounts Payable department.
2. One year’s previous experience in a finance related role, including the purchase ledger and nominal ledger.
3. A sound basic understanding of Microsoft packages, particularly Microsoft excel.