MPA Recruitment are recruiting for a cataloguing support officer for our client based in Cultra. The role holder will create and amend catalogue records and other metadata and oversee the day-to-day digital data workflows. This job is part of “Unlocking Our Sound Heritage”, an ambitious project funded by the HLF and led by the British Library in conjunction with national and regional partners across the UK.
The role holder will enable the discovery and access of digitised sound recordings for a wide range of audiences. The project will digitise 5,000 physical sound items, from our own collections, and from other collections within our area. The digitised material will then be used as part of a learning and outreach activity for the benefit of the people of Northern Ireland.
Location - Cultra
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday 37hpw
Salary - £14.47
• Create and / or amend records for National Museums NI catalogue, for sound material involved in this project.
• Document physical sound recordings on loan to National Museums NI.
• In conjunction with the Rights Officer, determine the rights holders.
• Monitor cataloguing undertaken by volunteers and others to ensure that it meets the agreed quality standards.
• Respond to enquiries from the wider project team and assist with other aspects of the project including learning and public engagement activities.
• Demonstrate a willingness to take on a range of tasks and to develop new skills, as appropriate, to support the delivery of the Project as required by line management.
• Any other duties appropriate to the grade and project.
1. Educated to degree level or equivalent plus one year’s experience working in a similar role
in the absence of a degree, two years’ experience working in a similar role
2. Cataloguing skills including the ability to catalogue audio materials to appropriate standards, such as AACR2, MARC or SPECTRUM
4. Proven ability to record information in a consistent and accurate manner
5. Ability to carry out tasks efficiently, while demonstrating a meticulous attention to detail
6. Good working knowledge of MS Office and social media
9. Proven ability to manage projects with conflicting priorities ensuring that identified deadlines are met.
10. Experience of cataloguing in a library, archive, museum, or other similar environment (Desirable)
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.