Job Role: Warden (Support Worker)
We are pleased to be recruiting to be recruiting a Warden for our client for their assisted living for people with mental health issues based in Portrush.
The warden is required to live in the accommodation provided and to respond to any inquiries or incidents within the terms of the post. As a member of the staff team the live in support worker will be expected to work collaboratively with other team members and make contribution to the maintenance of a therapeutic project in line with the professional and administrative policies.
4 sleep in shifts from 6pm to midnight awake with additional hours on sight to assist with duties.
Salary: £19,650 per annum with yearly increments
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, 1 Bedroom Flat
There will be deductions made from your salary every month towards the cost of your heating and electricity.
What the role entails:
- To provide practical and emotional support to residents of the scheme in accordance with the project’s operational policies.
- To maintain a presence on site and be available to residents within terms of hours of contractual agreement.
- To supervise the security of and proper use of the building and its facilities for the benefit of the tenants. Taking appropriate action to deal with intruders, call out emergency services (i.e., fire brigade, ambulance) if required and to answer emergency calls and summon assistance when necessary for on-call/back up staff.
- To ensure maintenance of minimum standards of care for residents and cleanliness of project, when necessary, undertaking cleaning tasks in communal areas.
- To participate in resident and project recording systems as required.
- To contribute to the maintenance of good health and safety practices.
- To notify line management of any repairs that are required in accordance with the project’s procedures.
- To assist new tenants to become familiar with local amenities, facilities, site systems and procedures, especially safety procedures and operation of heating systems and security arrangements.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept for each tenant and a diary of events within the scheme.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the scheme and maintain good working relationships with visitors and staff from other agencies.
- To encourage and support the use of the lounge by tenants for social activities, to organise the use by the tenants of the communal facilities, including the laundry and guest room.
- A QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- The applicant must also be registered or have completed registration with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
- 6 months experience working with people with severe and enduring mental illness or 6 months working with people with a learning disability in the last 5 years.
- Able to cover 4 nights per week
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.Mcalinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.