Job Role: Summer Scheme Leader
We are pleased to be recruiting for 2 Summer scheme leaders for our client based in Lisburn.
The S.E.T. Kids Club is a Summer Scheme organised by the Trust primarily for the children of the Trust’s employees. The main aim of the Scheme is to entertain and educate the children through play in a safe environment.
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Rate of Pay: £11.53ph
What the role entails:
- Organise and participate in the running of the Summer Scheme under the direction of the Summer Scheme Management.
- Responsible for organising events / activities for the children and drawing up a suitable programme in conjunction with the Management.
- Entertain and educate the children through play in a safe environment whilst supervising all activities and control any unwanted behaviour which may occur.
- Ensure all injuries are recorded in the Accident Book. Report any accidents to a child of a serious nature to the Summer Scheme Management.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of the Summer Scheme Assistants and volunteers.
- Keep an up to date attendance register of all children, knowing at all times who should be attending.
- Assist those children who require help with toileting
- Ultimately responsible for the maintenance of the premises on a day to day basis.
- To be the driver of the minibus if required - (only those who are qualified will be asked to carry out these duties)
- 2 years experience working in a play, education, youth or day care setting
- QCF Level 5 Diploma in Child Care Learning & Development or Playwork
- A relevant occupational qualification in Early Years Education, social work, nursing, teaching or health visiting
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.