The Social Worker will be primarily responsible for the direct provision of quality social work services to children and families. He/she will work as a member of a social work team and under direction will be responsible for the management of a caseload. He/she will also be responsible for the direct discharge of statutory duties in respect of looked after children. The social worker will also be expected to attend to his/her professional development through training, supervision and learning to facilitate successful completion of the assessed year in employment. (if appropriate)
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct Practice with children and families
1. Engage in direct work with children and families to promote positive outcomes.
2. Undertake assessment and case planning and to discharge a range of statutory responsibilities in respect of looked after children.
3. Participate in Child Protection and Looked After Children processes.
4. Attend court and present evidence in legal proceedings.
5. Participate in effective interagency and multi-disciplinary practice.
6. Engage with service users and carers to promote participation.
Hold a recognised Professional Social Work qualification (CQSW/ Dip SW/ CSS).
Hold appropriate NISCC registration.
Hold a full current driving license valid for use in the UK and have access to a car.
Must be willing to complete access check
Hours of Work:
Initially for 3 months to begin with, will be reviewed after this
Salary: £12.74-£32.08 per hour Depending on experience