The successful candidate will be responsible for administering professional facials and massage treatments to hotel guests a thorough knowledge of the skin and body, excellent practical techniques, and cleanliness skills and will be required to train in the hotel spa’s specific massage and facial treatment offerings. The postholder will be required to work alongside the management team and to lead in times of absence. The postholder will also be required to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness and beauty solutions to meet the needs of hotel guests.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Assist in all areas of spa operation, within the competency of the postholder as requested by management.
· Provide a prompt, professional service for appointments and to perform services within the appropriate time allocated for the service.
· Ensure current knowledge and understanding of all services and products and communication of same to guests.
· Contribute to the development and/or implementation of marketing strategies.
· Provide consistent professional facial and body treatments in accordance with accepted certification practices and hotel protocols.
· Ensure recommended/essential tests are undertaken and outcomes recorded as required.
· Ensure recommended product mix, amount and timings.
· Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as promotions and/or discounts available.
· Ensure equipment is used, cleaned, sterilised, maintained and stored is used in accordance with product requirements and spa standards.
· Report faulty, damaged or missing equipment in accordance with spa policy.
· Clean and restock room in accordance with spa standards.
• Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
• Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
• Communicate to the Spa Manager and or Operations Manager any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
• Assist in the planning of and/or direct spa services and available to maximise the customer experience and profitability of the spa within available budget.
• Monitor activities to ensure compliance with applicable health, safety, or hygiene standards.
• Perform accounting duties relating to the Spa as required by the hotel.