Senior Security Engineer, Threat Detection & Response
As a Senior Security Engineer in our clients Threat Detection & Response team, you'll play a crucial role in keeping their customers, their data and their employees safe. You’ll respond to security incidents, and build & maintain the tools they use to detect and respond to emerging threats.
In this role you will be instrumental in driving and improving our clients threat detection processes and how they respond to these threats. You will be comfortable reading and contributing to code as part of your role where you will identify logs in the backend and be experienced in retrieving data and making detection possible.
- Be the first point of contact for security incidents as part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Maintain a high quality incident management process that ensure incidents are appropriately triaged, contained and remediated.
- Update detection rules and alerts to minimize false positives and alert fatigue
- Identify gaps in logging and go get it.
- Stay up to date with company direction and integrate appropriate open source and commercial intelligence feeds.
- Work directly with engineering and product teams to provide requirements on detection scenarios specific to our use cases and features.
- Work with other security engineering teams to build and deploy security solutions which increase detection potential.
- 5+ years working as part of a security engineering on-call rotation.
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of common attack vectors.
- Experience with Go and at least one other scripting language
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and using automation tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with ELK or Google Big Query.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with Falco, OSSEC or similar intrusion detection systems.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Armor or similar Web Application Firewall.
- Experience with government requirements/frameworks such as FedRAMP.
You will receive a very competitive salary along with employee stock options and unlimited paid time off.
To find out more or to apply for this position please send an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply.