SENIOR RENEWABLE ENERGY ENGINEER
GREATER BELFAST AREA/ ANTRIM
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Our client are an energetic young grouping of companies growing rapidly in the Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC and Renewables markets. They specialise in delivering services across domestic, commercial, public and private sectors across the UK and Ireland.
Due to the continued growth in sustainable and renewable energy markets, we are supporting their search for a Senior Renewable Energy Engineer to help the delivery of their operations including the design and management of renewable energy solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To design domestic and commercial renewable energy solutions with a focus on energy efficient solutions including the preparation of drawings and specifications.
- Provide technical assessment of tender submissions, preparation and review of design and specifications and support with commercial proposals.
- Support the delivery of projects across a range of technologies including project management and quality control.
- To support the Business with the development of a renewable energy business plan and overarching growth strategy that meets with the zero carbon demands of the marketplace.
- To liaise across our HVAC, Mechanical and Electrical engineering teams to provide end to end integrated solutions in buildings and transport.
- To represent the company at innovation hubs, working groups and conferences and to provide cross team training and support on new and developing technologies including the development of a training needs assessment.
The successful candidate will have:
- A detailed knowledge of all major renewable energy sources and the engineering skills associated with them, including solar, geothermal, biomass, hydro, wind and marine.
- Significant experience in a relative field.
- A good understanding of legislative, planning and economic considerations associated with renewable energy and the integration of renewable energy to the grid / DNO.
- A post Graduate Degree or minimum of a Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer Status (or working towards).
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
- Ability to implement, apply and promote CDM along with Health & Safety best practice in a design environment.
- The ability to investigate, survey and design an energy solution to specification or to create the specification with an understanding of the technical characteristics required.
- Commercial mentality with a strong feel for moving the business forward.
- Passion for the industry, ensuring the company is up to date with developments in technology and policy in the energy and renewable sectors in the UK, Ireland and Internationally.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a creative individual who is confident and capable to work in a growing business and marketplace. This would be an ideal role for an individual with an exceptional interest and skill set for design and innovation and with a keen interest in how businesses can support a zero-carbon future.
The successful candidate will report into the Group Managing Director. We are looking for an individual who wants to develop, learn and add to their skill sets and who is looking to develop their career in the renewable energy and sustainability sector. We can also offer a flexible working approach, not just in terms of location, but in relation to hours and working pattern.
For more information, please contact Marc Doorish on 02871 360070, or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.