Job Role:Senior Planning Officer, part time (Development Management)
We are recruiting a Senior Planning Officer, part time (Development Management) for our public service client based in Newtownabbey
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Deputy Director of Planning (Interim) in the Development Management team for the provision of a high quality, efficient and effective Planning Service in the client’s area.
Hours of Work -15 hours per week. Mon - Fri (9:00am -5:00 pm)
Salary - £20.16 per hour
What the role entails:
Support the Deputy Director of Planning (Interim), deputising when required, to ensure effective performance against the objectives and targets set out in the Planning Section Business Plan.
Contribute to the development of objectives, performance indicators and work programmes for the annual Planning Section Business Plan and wider service level business and management initiatives in line with the objectives of the Clients Corporate Plan and best practice.
Provide professional advice and assistance as appropriate on planning policy, development management or enforcement matters to residents, elected members, stakeholders and other planning professionals.
Prepare committee reports, technical papers, research evidence and other information and make presentations at Planning Committee, public meetings and to external organisations as required (including evening meetings when requested).
Prepare written statements and present professional planning evidence at appeals, public inquiries/examinations and court hearings as required.
Plan and allocate work for Planning Officers, Planning Assistants and any technical support staff and provide support to the team to ensure the delivery of integrated, comprehensive planning functions across the service.
Deal effectively and efficiently with enquiries from the public, elected representatives and internal and external stakeholders through face-to-face meetings, by correspondence, telephone and electronic communication.
- Degree in a recognised planning qualification* or equivalent and a minimum of three years’ experience within the last ten years of working in Development Management or Enforcement.
- HNC/HND/BTEC Higher National Certificate in Planning, Surveying and Cartography or BTEC Higher National Certificate in Land Administration (Planning) or equivalent qualification and a minimum of four years’ experience within the last five years of working in Development Management or Enforcement.
- A minimum of two years relevant experience of managing staff in accordance with the principles of performance management and personal development
- Town and Country Planning, Environmental Science, Geography, Architecture, Urban Regeneration or other relevant degree qualification
- Ability to set clear objectives and targets and plan and review activities
- Ability to prioritise and manage own work and the work of others
- Strong organisation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop partnerships and individuals as appropriate
- Awareness of issues facing Local Government with respect to Planning
- Knowledge of relevant Northern Ireland Planning Policy and Legislation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
- Full current driving licence or, if a disability prevents driving, access to a suitable form of transport to enable duties of the post to be carried out in full
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Jamie.Winchester@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.