Job: Senior Accountant
On behalf of our public sector Client based in the Greater Belfast area, MPA recruitment welcome suitable applications for the role of a Senior Accountant.
This role has responsibility for several key functions within the Finance Office, including the supervision of payroll processes, pension administration and the administration of the staff (Salaries and Expenses). This includes offering advice and support to staff members and overseeing the approval and payment of all expenditure claims.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 31st October 2021
Location: Greater Belfast
Salary: £45,940 per annum
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, (Flexible working hours between 8am - 6pm)
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Providing advice and support to Staff on all aspects. (Salaries and Expenses) This includes providing policy advice and drafting briefing notes on the interpretation of the Determinations as required.
- Supervising the team in delivering a full range of services (including payroll bureau services, pension administration and invoice payment services)
- Producing the Annual Resource Accounts for the Pension Scheme.
- Overseeing engagement with HMRC on matters of payroll tax compliance.
- Assisting in the annual budget setting process by preparing the annual budgets for related costs for inclusion, preparing monthly forecasts for payroll and related costs, analysing and resolving any variances identified
- Supervising monthly accounting procedures, including balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations, accruals and prepayments preparation, journal preparation and HMRC returns.
Candidates must have successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full current member of one of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies listed below:
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
- At least two years’ post qualification* experience of preparing financial or management accounts for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation in accordance with the IFRS regime as adopted by the UK ;
- At least two years’ post qualification experience of preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and reporting on the allocation of resources for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation.
- At least two years’ experience of processing payroll or managing and leading a payroll and pension team.
To apply for this position please click on the apply link provided.
Or for further information and a confidential discussion on this post please call Michael at our Belfast office on 028 9521 1111.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and update with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.