MPA are pleased to be assisting to cover a Registered Manager - Maternity Cover to work in a small learning disability supported living environment in the Holywood area. This is a full time position on a minimum 12 month fixed term contract, based on Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (due to the nature of the role, a degree of flexibility is required)
Commencing on £33,782 per annum
- The unit provides care and support in a homely environment for adults who have Learning Disabilities and associated complex needs.
- The Registered Manager will be accountable for ensuring that the service meets The Residential Care Homes Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2005 and DHSSPS Residential Care Homes Minimum Standards, August 2011.
- They will manage the service ensuring that the home operates effectively and delivers the very best quality care; this includes medication management, budget and resource management and management of the property.
- The Registered Manager will review the skills and knowledge of team members and facilitate ongoing training and development as well as conducting annual appraisals
- They will establish a collaborative, open and honest culture in which all team members have the opportunity thrive.
General Duties will Include-
- To support staff to ensure that they develop & maintain a trusting & professional relationship with residents and act in a supportive & empathetic manner towards them.
- To ensure the provision of quality person-centred services to all residents
- To provide guidance and training for staff, residents and others as required.
- To ensure that all staff and residents are familiar with and can put into practice the principles of Personalisation.
- To engage in discussion with residents/ representatives to explain and gain feedback on the quality of service provision.
- Facilitate the liaison with Health and Social Care Trust professionals and other relevant agencies.
- Overall responsibility to promote and develop good relationships with residents, their friends and relatives and between residents and staff.
- Be responsible for and monitor the safe handling of medication including storage and administration in accordance with the use and control of medicine as outlined in the ISO 9001:2015 Quality management System
- Ensure safeguarding policy and procedures are followed.
- Take responsibility for, and active part in, the assessment, planning, implementation and review of individual care plans.
- To assist the Living Options management team in achieving key customer results and contract compliance for Trust commissioned services.
- To ensure effective risk management strategies are in place for all programme activity to maximise participation of residents.
- Participate in on call service as required.
- Plan and organise work to achieve results that are aligned with business objectives and meet key performance indicators.
- Prioritise own workload to deliver results that are of a high standard and meet quality specifications as set out by Trust Contracts, RQIA and NISCC validation.
- Work collaboratively with others within own team, department and organisation to deliver results.
- Handling and security of service user’s money where necessary.
- Ensure quality assurance and compliance with all policies and procedures
- Starting on 35 days leave (pro rata) in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays)
- Cedar offers an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
- Parking available
- Paid annual NISCC/NMC registration fees
- Occupational Sick Pay (after 6 months service)
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Applicants must have the appropriate combination of qualification, registration and experience to be a registered Manager of a Residential Care Home
- A professional Social Work qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition
- A first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register.
- An allied health professional registered with the Health Professional Council
- A minimum of four years’ work experience in any health or social care setting with people who have significant needs. At least two years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
- A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and be eligible for registration on appointment
- A minimum of five years’ practice experience in any Health and Social Care, at least three years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
- Experience of managing within a Registered/Regulated Service
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to the link provided or call to speak to Karen McCready our office on 02895211111 for more information about this post