Job Title Production Support Worker
The postholder will support over labelling and repacking of medicines and sterile / nonsterile manufacturing. He/she will work in the stores area and participate in clean room cleaning.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Pay Rate: £10.42 PH
· Daily preparation of all equipment, screens, and work areas both within and outside the clean rooms. Cleaning down of these areas as necessary. This includes setting up filling equipment.
· Daily cleaning of the clean area floors and surfaces. After planned maintenance or breakdown, cleaning floors, surfaces, walls, and ceilings. Cleaning effectiveness is monitored on a weekly basis.
· Washing & preparing containers and closures for non-sterile and sterile manufacture
· Assisting in the preparation of bulk solutions ready for filling in non-sterile manufacture.
· Assist in the filling of solutions into appropriate containers either by hand or using semi-automatic machinery.
· Capping or heat-sealing containers as appropriate.
· Packing and preparing filled containers for sterilisation including submerging ampoules in dye solutions and applying autoclave tape
· Assist in the manufacture of non-sterile products.
· Preparation of production rooms for non-sterile manufacturing and assembly.
· Labelling and packing of products into forms suitable for issue.
· Completing all necessary manufacturing documentation appropriate to their input.
· Placing manufactured batches in quarantine and forwarding samples to Quality Control.
· On authorisation from Quality Control, removing the batch from quarantine and placing in store, ready for issue.
· Assembling and packing orders for dispatch including completion of records of distribution. Packing orders for posting and courier distribution.
· Ensuring that material is promptly processed through stores area.
· Inputting details of receipt, storage, and issue onto the pharmacy computer system.
· Participate in preparation of Emergency boxes and kits.
· Maintenance of records including computer stock-check
· Ensuring that material is properly stored in compliance with the Medicines Act and manufacturers recommendations regarding thermo-liability, photo-liability etc.
· Ensuring that stock is rotated to avoid loss due to expiry recommendations being exceeded.
· To perform any duties assigned to you from time to time.
· To participate in weekend and statutory holiday rota if requested.
· To participate in the BHSCT extended hours service if required.
· The post holder will be expected to participate in the extended working hours of the Plenum Building. This will be on a rota basis and subject to one months’ notice.
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent to include English Language and Mathematics.
1 year experience as a Pharmacy Support Worker in a hospital pharmacy department or hospital pharmacy manufacturing unit or as Pharmacy Assistant in retail pharmacy.
Hold an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services (or equivalent in Pharmacy Services
Willing to undertake an NVQ2 in Pharmacy Services and willing to undertake additional NVQ2 Pharmacy Services Modules relevant to the job role
Be willing to undertake formal training in Good Manufacturing Practice commensurate with the responsibilities of the post.
GCSE Biology or Chemistry at Grade C or above or a GCSE single award science Grade B or above
Experience in pharmaceutical services.