€45,000 - €50,000
I am working on behalf of an International Engineering company based in Limerick City to recruit a Process Engineer for the Product Development team.Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Process Engineer will provide the Operations and Sales Teams with engineering support related to service products and process developments/qualifications. The Process Engineer will provide engineering support to drive cost/efficiency (yield and labour) improvements and cycle time reduction in our existing product and service portfolio, as well as to support new business opportunities. You will also assist with investigation and proposal of new equipment, procedures and methods to improve processes.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot problems with existing equipment and processes. Recommend solutions to such problems and implement solutions after review.
- Investigate and propose new production procedures and methods to automate, improve, and bring efficiencies to existing processes.
- Utilizing the General Process Change control system, complete implementation of changes, providing progress reports and outcome evaluations.
- Runs test programs to identify key variables for process optimization using sound Continuous Improvement techniques (such as ANOVA, DOE). Collect and analyze data from tests. Develops conclusions and recommendations for process improvement(s).
- Assist with Ramp Plan, Control Plan and Sourcing Plan processes.
- Completes Continuous Improvement projects utilizing Six Sigma & Lean techniques that improve key metrics (Cost of Quality, Customer Complaint metrics, Yield, Productivity) that increase organizational effectiveness and reduces cycle time.
- Act as the 8D champion for complaint resolution including root cause analysis, corrective action, and preventative actions for any complaints for the assigned area.
Product & Process Development:
- Working with Product Development and T&I to follow the New Product Development process completing the Manufacturing sections related to Process Travelers, Work Instructions, SOP, training, etc.
- Develops SOPs and Process Flow Diagrams for new products/services or modified equipment and procedures.
- Complete General Process Change control documents when implementing process changes on assigned production processes.
- Develop standard work and assist with training operators.
- Communicate and work with Sales and off-site teams where required to link in with our customer’s engineering teams
- Complete Process Audits and resolve audit findings.
- Determines critical process metrics that can be monitored on a regular basis.
- Ensure that safety and process hazard reviews are conducted for new or modified equipment and procedures.
- Develops and maintains Value Stream Maps, FMEA’s, Control Plans etc. for assigned processes.
- Apply Six Sigma principles to drive process improvements.
- Act as Project Leader for continuous improvement and corrective action teams.
- Act safely and ethically at all times and work in partnership with the Quality Dept. Uphold and act according to our values, mission, and vision.
- Assists T&I in New Process Development Stage Gate reviews.
- Assists in all Change Control processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Prefer field of study in: Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing processes required.
- Direct technical experience working in the PVD industry preferred but not necessary
- Previous experience in the Semiconductor or Data Storage Device Industry preferred but not necessary
- Strong materials/metallurgy background preferred but not necessary
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma practices - Green or Black Belt certified - preferred
- Advanced CAD (Solid Works or AutoCAD), MS Office IT skills and Statistical Software.
- Excellent interpersonal, written & ICT skills
- Strong communication skills both with customers and internally
- Able to work cross functionally across technology, operations, quality
- Detail oriented, & self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to meet deadlines
- Ability to lead project groups that consist of team members with varying skills and knowledge
This is a full time, permanent opportunity for a qualified engineer with at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate but expected to be in the region of €45,000 - €50,000 per year.
Please click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV and I will call you back to discuss the role in more detail.