Fertility Clinic, Calgary
MPA have been recently appointed by a leading fertility clinic in Calgary to recruit for a Nurse Practitioner to join their team. The client is a leader within reproductive medicine, providing patients with high-quality personalised fertility care. The clinic is independently owned and are accredited by Health Canada to provide Directed Donor services.
In this role, you will work closely with Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) specialists, Physicians, and other healthcare professionals to deliver personalized fertility care plans and support patients throughout their fertility treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical and Nursing Practice: Under the direct supervision of the Medical Director, your primary responsibility as the REI Nurse Practitioner is to utilize your theoretical knowledge and clinical expertise to perform delegated medical acts in keeping with the guidelines prescribed by the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. This involves performing comprehensive evaluations, consultations, diagnosis, intervention, and management of fertility treatment. You will educate patients on fertility treatments, procedures, and potential risks or side effects, ensuring they have a clear understanding of their options. You will work with the team with a common goal of achieving the highest success rate of fertility treatments.
Supervisory Responsibilities: You will directly oversee the nursing team and ensure smoother operations by scheduling appropriate nursing staff workflow.
Administration: You will work in partnership with supervisors of other teams and the Clinical Assistant to be an integral part of a functional and effective multi-disciplinary team.
Research: By virtue of the role, you and the nursing team are expected to advance nursing knowledge by participating in research-related activities.
Professional Development: You are committed to continuing self-development and maintain clinical competence through the integration of practice, education, and research within your specialty role.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to provide compassionate and empathetic care and support to patients and their partners.
· Proficient in conducting physical examinations, interpreting diagnostic tests, and performing procedures such as ultrasound scans and IUI.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team, including fertility specialists, physicians, nurses, administration team, and the laboratory team.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and adherence to ethical standards.
· Willingness to stay updated on the latest advancements in fertility treatment through continuing education and professional development.
· Knowledge of CRNA standards and guidelines, and willingness to effectively understand and practice those set by the CPSA and Health Canada.
· Current BLS and ACLS certifications.
· Master’s degree in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner, with a focus on Women’s health
· Proven work experience working in reproductive health, or fertility clinics, or assisted reproductive technology (ART) centres or women’s health clinic preferred.
· Valid ACLS / BLS certification
There is a competitive compensation package alongside benefits on offer for the right candidate.
If this opportunity sounds like it would be of interest to you, please submit a resume to email@example.com to initiate a confidential conversation.