Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
On behalf of our Client, the Northern Ireland Housing Executive, MPA Recruitment welcomes suitable applications for the role of Human Resources Business Partner in the Belfast Area.
Location: Adelaide Street, Belfast.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday: 09.00am to 5pm)
Salary range: £18.81
To support customers in the delivery of their business objectives by providing professional and timely HR solutions, advice, and support for the assigned business areas, with a primary focus on the effective management of grievance, discipline, dignity at work and attendance management cases.
1. To support the HRM/Senior Business Partner (HRM/SHRBP) to deliver an effective and customer orientated HR service to the assigned business functions. Rotation between business areas will be an expectation of the role.
2. To support customers in the delivery of their business objectives by providing professional and timely HR solutions, advice, and support for the assigned business areas, with a primary focus on the effective management of grievance, discipline, dignity at work and attendance management cases.
3. To provide proactive specialist HR advice and support to managers within the assigned business areas in the application of core HR policies and procedures, terms and conditions, employment law and HR best practice.
4. To manage the Employee Relations team according to the principles of performance management, attendance management and personal development.
5. To be the HR lead on employment relations activity within the assigned business areas.
6. To provide professional HR advice and support to management at all levels to ensure the consistent implementation of the Dignity at Work, Grievance, Performance and Disciplinary policies and procedures.
7. To develop and implement HR solutions through early intervention and prevention through effective engagement and communication, the use of informal resolution, mediation, and other solutions, ensuring compliance with policy and that any risks to NIHE are effectively managed.
8. To liaise with Trade Unions, organise meetings, hearing, and appeals; appointing investigators; where appropriate undertaking investigations; compiling reports; taking minutes; acting as HR rep on panels; updating files and ensuring all parties receive relevant and timely communication.
9. To prepare documentation for Hearings, Appeals and Industrial Tribunal cases as and when required, as the Human Resources representative in accordance with policy and procedure liaising with the NIHE legal team as appropriate.
10. To develop and produce reports, monitor performance, identify trends, and recommend interventions as appropriate.
Attendance Management and Health & Well-Being
11. To be the HR lead on Attendance Management and Health & Well-being activity within the assigned business areas.
12. To provide professional HR advice and support to management at all levels to ensure the consistent implementation of the Attendance Management policy and procedures.
13. To provide advice, support, and solutions to management in conjunction with the Health & Well-being team to enable the effective management of short and long-term absence and enable the timely return of staff to work.
14. To ensure that all Attendance Management cases are managed and progressed in a timely manner and ensure a pro-active approach to attendance management and Health & well-being interventions.
15. To ensure occupational health referrals are effectively managed and implemented including reviewing and implementing reports in conjunction with managers.
16. To monitor and report on attendance management within the assigned business areas and recommend interventions as appropriate.
HR Projects and Policy
17. To research, develop and review new and existing HR policies as required in accordance with HR best practice and legislative context.
18. To lead on HR related project work as directed by the HR Manager/Senior Business Partner using the principles of good project management and in line with NIHE practice.
19. Assist in the implementation of key HR projects such as structural change, insourcing/outsourcing of services, changes to terms and conditions, in line with NIHE policy and the legislative context.
Resourcing and Learning & Development
20. To develop and deliver appropriate HR learning and development interventions to line management and staff to develop people management capability and employee awareness as and when required.
21. Assist in the delivery of resourcing activity, contributing to the workforce planning process and delivery against the same as and when required.
22. To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments across a broad range of HR-related activity to include changes to regulations, legislation and national/local terms and conditions of employment (Continuing Professional Development).
Note: This summary of responsibilities and personal duties is not intended to be exhaustive. This role will develop and change in line with strategic corporate programmes and projects.
Experience and Qualifications
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
1. Post Graduate Diploma in HR Management or equivalent* Level 7 qualification.
*Refer to Qualifications Framework for equivalencies
2. Hold current professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development at Associate member (Assoc CIPD) or above.
Can demonstrate ability to obtain this within 1 year of commencement.
3. Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Human Resources function providing professional advice and guidance to senior management on complex employee relations matters.
4. Significant relevant HR experience in at least 4 of the following 5 areas:
Managing Grievance and/or Dignity at work cases
Managing Disciplinary cases
Developing HR Policy & Procedures
Delivering HR projects in support of business objectives
5. Fully conversant with employment legislation relating to employee relations.
6. Can demonstrate:
Excellent planning and organisational skills
Ability to work accurately under pressure of multiple deadlines.
Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
Strong customer orientation
Excellent attention to detail
7. Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
1. Hold current professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development at Chartered Member (MCIPD) or above.
2. Experience in successful dispute resolutions e.g. coaching, mediation.
3. Experience working within local government or the public sector.
4. Experience working with trade unions.
• A Basic Access NI Check is required at a cost of £18.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for further information and a confidential discussion on this post please call Chris at our Belfast office on 02895 211111
Please ensure your CV is accurate and updated with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.