Template Job Description / Personnel Specification
The Fleet Manager will be the in-house expert for the Trusts vehicle fleet, vehicle-based equipment and trust staff uninforms.
The post holder will be required to collaborate widely with stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure, compliance with relevant legislation, standards, and guidance.
Hours of Work: – 37.5 Hours (Mon- Fri)
Salary: - £21.31
What the role entails:
Be responsible to the Director of Finance for the delivery of a quality service in transport, staff uniform and patient lifting and handling equipment provision.
Responsible for the planning, deployment, and allocation of high value fleet resources regionally in such a way as to secure optimal performance and the achievement of section's financial and operational targets.
Responsible for the regional deployment of Patient Lifting & Handling equipment to meet operational demand.
Responsible for the management, allocation, and availability of staff uniforms on a 24/7 basis. ensure both local and regional stock levels are maintained minimising staff downtime through uniform supply.
To manage all projects in relation to Fleet, patient handling & lifting equipment and uniform using project planning techniques.
The effective and efficient procurement of vehicles, uniform, and patient lifting & handling equipment, within allocated budget limits.
· The postholder is required to have highly developed specialised knowledge and practical experience acquired through a combination of in depth experience and academic qualifications.
· A minimum of 5 years Management experience in a transport or fleet environment as Fleet Manager for a specialist large fleet, (i.e. in excess of 350 vehicles).
· Experience in managing specialist vehicles and equipment including procurement and maintenance programmes.
· Hold full membership of an engineering-based institute at member level or higher such as the Institute of the Motor Industry or Society of Operational Engineers (SOE)
· Hold a current Certificate of Professional Competence in Transport management.
· Hold a current full driving licence including class C & D which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a vehicle on appointment.
· A Significant track record of achievement as a leader and senior management in a large complex organisation.
· Significant experience of fleet management and associated procurement in a fleet of at least 350 vehicles in a complex changing environment.
· Significant experience of budget planning, financial management and resource management processes, including capital planning.