Job Role: ESTATES SURVEYOR
The postholder will be responsible for:
Assisting the Estate Management and Valuation section of the Trust Estate Building portfolio, including professional and financial responsibility for new lettings, rent reviews, lease renewals, service charge management, easements, valuations and general estates management issues including the management of financial and property resources.
Our client has the responsibility for accommodation covering approximately 255,000 m2 across its geographical area..
Hours of Work -37.5 Hours Per Week (Mon- Fri)
Salary - £16.52 per hour
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
To be responsible for the day to day strategic and operational estate management and valuation work of the Trust Estate Building Portfolio (including concessions) in accordance with the strategies, and plans approved by the Trust, including the following:
- Assist the Senior Estates Surveyor (SES) with all staffing and budgetary matters for the estate management and valuation section within the Property & Estates Service. Monitor and assist with the section’s budgets.
- Ensure that all lease and licence matters are allocated to a team member or specialist external consultant surveyor and actioned together with negotiations of new leases, lease renewals, licences, rent reviews and agreements to maximise income streams to the Trust.
- Assist with a wide range of estates management activities including valuations, dilapidations, repairs, licences, easements, wayleaves, change of use, assignments, and sub- lettings to maintain and enhance the value and use of the Trust's property portfolio.
- Assist with the management of office and staff accommodation requests and liaising with external agencies including Directorate of Legal Services, Land and Property Services and Rates collection agency.
A relevant degree in Estate Management / Real Estate subject PLUS 3 years’ experience working:
· With local government, health or other bodies.
· With extensive specialist knowledge and experience of estates
management activities including rent reviews and lease renewals.
· Extensive highly specialist knowledge of new commercial leases, lease exits, dilapidations and business tenancy.
· Evidence of working towards Chartership with the RICS.
· With a broad range of professional experience in areas such as the disposal and acquisition of land and buildings and practical experience of land law and landlord tenant law, including a thorough understanding of covenants, obligations, rights and restrictions.
· In dealing with dilapidation’s.
· Of being able to work with a high degree of autonomy. OR Hold the undernoted qualifications (or an acceptable equivalent or higher qualification approved by the Department of Health and Social Services): MSc in Estate Management Real Estate or RICS Chartered status PLUS 3 years’ experience working:
· At providing property advice in a complex organisation such as local government, and other bodies.
· Knowledge of statutory requirements, RCIS Codes of practice, particularly Measuring practice, Commercial Lease Code and Service Charge Code and regulatory requirements.
· Knowledge of procurement procedures and codes of practice as well as financial regulations, contract administration, local government or similar organisation procedures / processes.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on
appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
please submit your CV to Jamie.Winchester@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.