Director, Web Development
1 billion dollar start-up
$250k + base and stock options
MPA has been retained by a hyper growth e-commerce technology company to recruit a Director, Web Development to join their team. This role also has remote options. Our client is building the infrastructure to make an Amazon Prime-like experience for all e-commerce. They have raised a total of $500 million in funding and have seen annual revenue increase by 600% year on year.
Large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost.As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8-12T fragmented and outdated logistics industry, and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
They’re looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make our vision a reality.They’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms.If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you.Are you ready?
What will you do:
· Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers to craft the future of Web.
· You'll play a key role in planning sessions and provide input into team roadmap
· Reinvent fulfillment by designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving pragmatic software.
· Manage individual and team project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
· Be a full business owner: shape the foundation of the product and business that you work on.
· Actively learn new language, techniques, and methodologies.
· Contribute actively to code reviews and design reviews
What you'll bring to the table:
· BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
· Insatiable Curiosity, Undying Passion and Ownership to take on hard real-world problems.
· 4+ years leading or managing teams of engineers.
· Experience shipping production code with full instrumentation: deployment, logging, and monitoring, and documentation.
· Experience processing large amounts of data.
· Experience with building and evolving REST APIs.
· Experience with distributed systems.
Bonus Points for:
· Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or another technical related field.
· Prior experience in Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Logistics, Shipping and Warehouse technologies.
· Machine learning, operations research and optimization, developing large software systems, logistics & fulfillment industry, pricing algorithms, shipping technology.
· Rich github or hackathon accolades or other ways you can show that you love to code.
· Experience scaling a start-up engineering team.
· React and Redux for UI.
· Independent Service-Oriented Architectures with services composed of:
· Java, Spring and MySQL RDS.
· Node, Typescript, MySQL RDS.
· DynamoDB for integration services
· SQS for queuing.
For more info please contact conall.anderson@Mparecruitment.ca or +1 437 234 5135.