Job Role: Band 5 Developer
The Postholder will take assist the Development Team Leader in the responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of application development and support services provided by our clients Information Technology Services
The Postholder will also be expected to provide relevant advice and support to projects from time to time as business needs dictates.
The postholder may be required to work within projects or operations as business need.
Location - Belfast
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday
Salary - £12.73
What the role entails:
- Assisting on the analysis of user requirements and the design, implementation, development, documentation, and support of complex ICT solutions.
- Use of and compliance with all IT project management processes as defined by ITS;
- Participating in and undertaking appropriate tasks within ICT Programmes of work, reporting on progress as required.
- Participating in the budgetary planning and monitoring processes for Systems and Services;
- Participating in the approval processes for ICT expenditure, including input to business case development, Gateway Reviews and project evaluations.
- Participating in the procurement, negotiation, establishment, monitoring and review of support contracts and service level agreements for ICT Solutions and services; and
- Assisting in the approval, selection and procurement of hardware, software and services, achieving best value for money and compliance with relevant standards.
- A university degree in a computer science or Informatics related discipline or an equivalent recognised professional qualification
PLUS 1 years relevant experience*
An HND in a computer science related discipline
have 2 years recent relevant experience*
Have 4 years relevant experience*
Have successfully completed a 2-year Level 3 ICT Apprenticeship within the past 5 years
have 3 years recent relevant experience*. Achievement of this qualification must have been assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body. Participants must have completed a competence based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3, a knowledge based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3 and the mandatory essential skills. (Application of Number - Level 2 Communication - Level 2 ICT - Level 2)
*Relevant experience is defined as providing or supporting information and communications technology systems in a business environment. A business environment in this context includes ICT areas such as software development & support; web design and development; communications and network support; and technical support services for infrastructure.