MPA Recruitment Armagh is working on behalf of our major clients within the healthcare industry to recruit Day Care Centre Support Workers for Co Down In particular the Newry area.
The post holder will work as a member of a team within day services meeting the assessed needs of individual adult service users with learning/physical/sensory disabilities accessing day services which may be centre based or within the wider community.
The post holder will work closely with the day services team and other professionals, and the emphasis will be on maximising optimum personal development, upholding the dignity and human rights of each individual in meeting their assessed complex care needs, promoting and maintaining choice and independence, facilitating social inclusion and improving the quality of life of people with a learning/physical/sensory disability.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contribute to on-going multi-disciplinary team approach to Person Centred assessment of service user’s needs and implement agreed individual person centred care plan.
2. Contribute to individual care plans based on a person centred approach and be involved in monitoring and review the care plan when required.
3. Work with individuals to meet the multi-disciplinary assessed need of service users with complex health care needs and/or complex behavioural needs which can range in intensity and frequency.
4. Implement without direct supervision individual group programmes in and outside the centre
5. Implement appropriate daily activities to meet the multi-disciplinary assessed need of service users, including those with complex care needs and /or behavioural needs.
6. Assist the Day Care Worker and Allied Health Professionals with the delivery of programmes in accordance with Trust Policies.
7. Participate and support the physical and personal care needs of service users when required.
8. In accordance with the Trust’s Manual Handling Policy and individual risk assessments/safe systems, implement the safe moving and handling of service users.
1. Hold NVQ/QCF/VRQ/RCF Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
4 GCSE’s (grades A-C) or equivalent/higher qualification including English Language and 1 years paid experience delivering direct care in a care environment
2 years paid experience delivering direct care in a care environment
2.Full current driving licence with access to a car.
Must be NISCC Registered
Hours of Work:
Initially for 6 months, with possible extension for 12 months
****Immediate start needed****
Contract length: 6-12 months