Job Role: Communications & Stakeholder Engagement Manager
On behalf of our Client, MPA Recruitment welcomes suitable applications for the role of Senior Project Manager.
The Postholder will be Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, the Communications Manager is a member of the Programme Management Team. The postholder will be responsible for identifying the key stakeholders as well as developing and delivering a stakeholder engagement and communication plan to ensure effective stakeholder engagement through the programme, and in the development of key programme deliverables including the Blueprint, the Business case and transition plans.
The postholder will work alongside other communications leads across the three key Pathology Transformation programmes to establish a single Communications team providing an integrated service across the programmes. They will also work collaboratively with various other communications teams, to ensure key messages for stakeholders are effectively disseminated.
Salary: £20.49 per hour
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Develop a strategic approach to stakeholder engagement and communications across the Blueprint Programme in the form of a stakeholder engagement and communication plan.
- Ensure that the approach to and delivery of stakeholder engagement and communications plans are aligned to the programme’s methodology (Managing Successful Programmes).
- Take a lead role in developing, implementing, and evaluating communication strategies and associated action plans for the Blueprint Programme workstreams and projects.
- Ensure that communications strategies and associated action plans continue to be up-to-date and take responsibility for any necessary reviews.
- Take a lead role in defining metrics for, and measuring progress against stakeholder engagement objectives.
- Set up and maintain stakeholder register for the Programme.
- Ensure timely communication and escalation to Senior Project Managers and Programme Manager of information and messages that are relevant to the management of programme risks and dependencies.
A) University Degree or recognised professional qualification in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Management, Learning or Education
2 years’ experience in a Corporate Communications / Public Relations at a management level*.
4 years’ experience in Corporate Communications / Public Relations at a management level*
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by NIBTS which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
*In this context ‘management level’ could relate to production of strategic and operational reports, briefing documents, media responses, governance frameworks, as directed by senior managers.
Experience of programme communications.
Knowledge of ‘Managing Successful Programmes’ methodology.
Project Management Qualification.