Job: Clerical Officer (Clerking)
Location: Greater Belfast
Salary:£26,691 - £28,357
Hours of work: 37 Hours Per Week (Monday- Friday)
Clerical Officers are responsible for providing administrative support for the full range of activities carried out across the business.
This successful candidate will be placed in the Finance Office.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
· Providing high quality customer service to a diverse range of customers, both internal and external.
· Managing own work to ensure the delivery of objectives.
· Providing accurate information in a professional and helpful manner by referring to organisational policies and procedures.
· Providing high quality and timely administrative support where required, for example filing and photocopying, diary management etc.
· Inputting data and maintaining a range of databases, spreadsheets and electronic filing systems to aid the storage and retrieval of electronic documents.
· Recording and distribution of correspondence, emails, incoming mail / post, monitoring and managing electronic mailboxes and dealing with routine
· correspondence accurately and promptly and forwarding to relevant staff as appropriate.
· Organising and providing support to meetings, events and visits including issuing papers, ordering hospitality, meeting and greeting external visitors and officials, and responding to any housekeeping queries that they may have e.g. the format of the meeting.
· Recording information to support the production of minutes and draft minutes e.g. timings of each agenda item and attendance of witnesses.
· Assisting in gathering and collating information.
· Effectively using Microsoft Office and bespoke internal Assembly software systems and databases to prepare documents.
· Maintaining hard copy and electronic information systems to ensure a clear and organised file of all correspondence, papers, minutes, agendas.
Applicants must, by the closing date for applications, have:
GCE ‘A’ level grade A*-C in 2 separate subjects and 5 GCSEs grade A*-C including English Language and Mathematics. Applications will be considered from applicants with formal qualifications of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated.
At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role of:
Using effective oral and written skills to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels, including team members, members of the public, customers, and managers.
Organising workload and giving attention to detail to produce accurate, high-quality work to deadlines.
Effectively using Microsoft Office to prepare documents and respond to correspondence.
3. At least 4 years’ experience in an administrative role of a) – c).