Job Title Cancer Support Worker
MPA are currently recruiting a Cancer Support Worker on behalf of our client, who is one of the leading authorities of regulating in the public sector.
The post holder will be required to Assist in the delivery of information and support under the supervision of the Information Services Manager for people affected by cancer.
Maintain high standards of practice and adhere to quality procedures. Maintain good communication with people affected by cancer and report issues to line manager and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
The post holder will be responsible for the coordination of their workload to meet the demands of the post. Assist with outreach activities and contribute to Health and Wellbeing events throughout the
Contribute to presentations at events within community settings. Provide high quality administrative and secretarial support to our client, the Macmillan Support, and Information Centres
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Pay Rate: £10.40 PH
- Provide general information and support about cancer and cancer services to enable people to access appropriate information and support.
- Signpost to a range of support services and information and take an approach which helps people to self-manage and navigate the health and social care system.
- Reception of people affected by cancer to the Centres. This includes making them tea and coffee and ensuring that those attending for appointments are marked in the diary.
- Triage incoming calls and emails to the Service, liaising and forwarding as appropriate.
- Support the induction and ongoing mentoring of volunteers in the Service.
- Provide basic telephone advice, identifying need and refer on or signpost to other sources of support for example Information Services Manager or Health and Wellbeing Coordinators.
- Make pre planned outbound telephone calls to people affected by cancer in respect of services within the centre.
- Carry out full range of administration and secretarial duties to support the Belfast Trust Cancer Support Services and management
Four GCSE's Grade (A-C) to include English Language or equivalent and 1 year’s administrative experience
NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years’ administrative experience
years’ administrative experience.
RSA / OCR Stage II Text Processing
Part I and Part II (Word Processing/ Typewriting) or equivalent.
12 months typing experience, to include the typing of reports, formatting & circulation of correspondence.
Evidence of using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.