Job Role:Zoo Crew
We are recruiting a Zoo Crew for our public service client based in Belfast
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Shift Supervisors for the operation of “all front of house” and customer service duties, including admissions, the visitors’ centre and souvenir shop functions.
Location – Belfast
Hours of Work – 37hours per week between 7am – 6pm
Salary - £9.81 - £19.62 per hour
What the role entails:
· To deal with visitors entering the relevant site, signposting, providing venue information, conducting tours, receiving fees for admission and to participate in all zoo wide promotions.
· To promote and process membership schemes, including issuing and re-issuing membership cards and maintaining the database.
· To carry out all duties required in the souvenir shop including selling goods, re-stocking maintaining stock levels to satisfy customer needs, receiving and checking goods inwards, signing delivery notes pricing and merchandising as required.To ensure service and stock levels maximise sales and comply with Trading Standard regulations
· To carry out regular stock checks and providing accurate information to management as required. Conducting basic analysis on sales trends to help with stock replenishment.
· To maintain cleanliness levels on the site. Removing waste, emptying bins in public and staff areas, and disposing of packaging and other materials from the Visitor Centre and adjoining administration building in accordance with council procedures.
· To undertake general and specific cleaning duties, individually or as part of a team throughout all parts of the site; for example, the sweeping, mopping, polishing, litter picking and other relevant duties, of all public and staff areas, and toilets.To operate and use mechanical and electrical cleaning and polishing equipment.
· To assist and take part in the organisation of promotional campaigns, events and activities.To assist in the preparation of display material for exhibitions and education projects
· To undertake general and specific labouring duties as directed, for example, dismantling, maintenance and storage of seating.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year’s relevant experience in the each of the following areas:
a) dealing with enquiries and cash handling on behalf of customers; and
b) general cleaning duties, for example public and staff toilets.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.