MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Scale 4 Waste Management Driver for a full-time, temporary position in the Antrim area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that each day’s task, rota and workload is completed on the appropriate day and the week’s tasks are completed within the normal working week, with the exception of unforeseen circumstances (e.g. breakdowns etc) to the quality standards.
- Responsible for the inspection of waste resource management containers, completing rejection/damage reports for management action.
- Apply traffic management knowledge and skills in compliance with Road Traffic Regulations (NI) Order 1997 as amended and all other relevant legislation.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of vehicles and mechanical sweeper hoppers and grills etc.
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance checks as specified including cleaning and operation of any fitted power mechanism.
- Responsible for the completion of records (e.g. daily vehicle defects, accidents, safety checks). Daily reporting any actual or potential mechanical or electrical faults, or damage to the vehicle, to the WRM Supervisor as applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring on-board cameras, safety devices, communication systems and computerised systems are fully operational and used.
- Maintain records, completing documentation and all associated work including receiving and giving instructions to crew members. Supervision of crew, the operation of the service and customer liaison in accordance with the standards. Carry out key holder duties on occasions.
- Carrying out Collection duties, to collect all approved domestic and commercial refuse and recyclable containers presented, ensuring all containers are returned to a safe position.
- When carrying out Street Cleansing duties, cleanse footpaths and adjacent gutters, collection of litter on public highways and other specified areas within the Borough to the quality standards by means of manual sweeping, shovelling, litter picking, pedestrian operated suction sweepers and other appropriate methods.
- Emptying of litter bins and waste receptacles, weeding of footpaths and gutters, cleaning of street furniture, removal of fly-tipped and fly-posted materials, removal of animal carcasses and any other cleansing or emergency works.
- Valid C+E licence
- Hold a full CPC Licence/Drivers Qualification Card
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience operating with a category C licence
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate (to use TMS for holidays/GPS)
- Working knowledge of health and safety procedures including manual handling and use of reversing assistants
- Knowledge of waste collection and disposal and recycling issues
- Traffic management