Job Role: Vehicle Technician
We are recruiting a Vehicle technician to join the MPA team for our public service client. The successful candidate will be expected to be responsible for the inspection, servicing, modification, maintenance, and repair of vehicles and supporting equipment ensuring they are fully operational to manufacturers specifications including the completion of all associated documentation, both written and electronic so there is a 24 hour availability of the vehicles
Location - Belfast
Hours of Work - Monday - Sunday on a rota basis between the hours of 6AM - 10pm
Salary - £13.22 per hour
Contract - Ongoing
What the role entails:
To be responsible for the inspection, servicing, modification, maintenance and repair of our clients vehicles and supporting equipment ensuring they are fully operational to manufacturers specifications including the completion of all associated documentation, both written and electronic so there is a 24 hour availability of the vehicles.
2. To assist all other trades within Fleet & Engineering services where their skill set is more applicable to affect that repair, including all operational equipment.
3. To be responsible for conducting PSV/MOT Inspection to all blue light vehicles to the standard laid down within “The best practice manual” for UK Fire Services.
4. To repair bodywork including small part spraying to vehicle parts and repair/replacement of panels.
5. To repair, maintain & inspect all electrical & electronic circuits and/or equipment using the latest computer technology to diagnose faults down to board level.
6. To carry out welding repair using MIG, TIG, electric and gas welding across a broad range of vehicles and equipment.
7. To carry out hydraulic repairs on vehicles and equipment as required.
Possess a certified level 2 trade qualification as depicted in the NQF in Vehicle Mechanic studies
and have at least two years’ experience working in a trade role in their area of expertise.
2. Can demonstrate:
(a) excellent record keeping of computerised repair and inspection data;
(b) excellent written & verbal communication skills
(c) a strong customer focus.
3. Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
4. Competent in the use of a Management Information System (MIS) for record keeping on repair data
5. Possess a current B Class driving licence.
- Possess a current C Class driving licence