IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a User Experience Designer to join their team. This will suit a candidate with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences.
This role requires someone who will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas in a diverse team. The candidate will also have experience in a fast-paced and innovative environment. A solid understanding of contemporary user-centred research and design methodologies is important.
The chosen candidate will join the multi-disciplined Analysis and Design Capability, while collaborating closely with front-end Developers from across the Systems Department. This person will be responsible for enhancing the user experience across a range of services and applications.
- Executing interaction design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborating on user experience planning with other teams within our client’s organisation
- Consulting with US Stakeholders on user experience
- Researching interaction design and technology trends
- Creating prototypes, scenarios and test cases
- Applying user\human centred design practices
- Ensure robust, modern design practices and methodologies are implemented.
- Initiating, suggesting and spearheading UX improvements.
- Delivering designs and prototypes to UI specifications for engineering
The Designer may be required to travel to the US as required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-5 years UX, UI and Design experience in a Web development environment with in-depth knowledge of user interface design principals, responsive web design, user centric design processes, accessibility and usability methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with add on qualifications or training in UX Design, Interactive Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related disciplines.
- Generate user interaction models, information architecture, wire frames and screen flows.
- Strong understanding of user research, wire framing, personas and other HCI methods.
- Apply creative solutions to address ambiguous, large, complex problems and projects
- Understand and successfully deliver designs that meet measurable criteria
- Facilitate discussions and presentations for both working and delivery purposes
- Ability to address change with flexibility and ease
- Apply journey mapping when thinking of how the user satisfies their need
- Work within a cross-functional team and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- A creative thinker paired with strong analytical ability.
- Champion design decisions with qualified rationale including research and data
- Agile trained and ideally experienced
- Professional experience in web 2.0 coding HTML and CSS.
- Passion for UX design and intuitive empathy for everyday users.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to
- work in a challenging environment handling the management of issues in a calm, professional and controlled manner
- prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.