FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Our client is a market leading fuel distributor with multiple locations throughout Northern Ireland. This well respected, family run business have their head office about 15 minutes from Derry City in the village of Greysteel. Due to increased business as we enter winter, the need to recruit an experienced Transport Planner has developed and we are sourcing suitable candidates on their behalf.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and manage the distribution of multiple driver’s, vehicles and implement the allocation of routes and product loads.
- Ensure maximum use of cost-effective measures and proactively work towards minimizing fuel costs and maximize drivers’ hours through strategic forward planning.
- Up to date knowledge of current legislation regarding Road haulage regulations.
- Assist in daily order processing, confirmations, and the invoicing of product when necessary.
- Daily stock control and reconciliation when necessary.
- Ordering product through the various Supplier computer systems
- Dealing with customer or colleagues queries in relation to product delivery.
- Processing and monitoring driver documentation and cash sheets to ensure correct paperwork is always produced.
- Monitoring driver timesheets to ensure company processes and legislation is adhered to.
- Liaising and communicating with team members at other locations in relation to their day-to-day procedures e.g., deliveries, depot stock, driver availability etc.
- Assist in any Direct sales via yard e.g., lubes oils etc.
- Ensure Operations director is updated daily and immediately if any unforeseen issues arise e.g., Vehicle breakdowns, RTA’s etc.
- General office admin e.g., telephone, post and filing
- Maintain high level customer care.
- Forklift duties (training provided)
- Back up from Head Office at other locations during holidays or sick leave
- An understanding and appreciation for the importance of prioritising workload
- Have strong critical thinking skills.
- Have good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Good customer service skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite (most importantly Excel and Word)
- Full time, permanent
- 8.00am to 6.00pm Mon - Friday
- Saturday Mornings (Rota basis)
- 42.5-hour week (30minute unpaid lunch break)
- Salary - £27,500 per annum
For more information, please contact Marc Doorish on 02871 360070 or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.