Job: Temporary Accountant
Location: Greater Belfast
Salary: £37,181 PA
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours Per Week (Monday- Friday) Flexible working between 8am - 6pm
Main duties and responsibilities of the job.
The main duties / responsibilities of the post include:
- Supervision of the weekly accounts payable processes and suppliers’ payment run;
- Preparation of the monthly prepayment and accrual journals;
- Production of monthly general ledger control account reconciliations, including but not limited to the bank accounts, the net pay control accounts and the VAT control accounts;
- Administration of the monthly internal budgetary control and forecasting processes, including effective Business Partnering;
- Production of high quality, reliable, accurate and timely financial information for internal and external stakeholders. This includes monthly management accounts with detailed variance analysis;
- Administration and maintenance of the financial accounting and purchase ordering systems;
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register;
- Management of the Client’s Government Procurement Card Scheme;
- Interpretation and application of the Client’s Travel Policy in relation to staff claims for reimbursement, ensuring the policy is correctly applied and claims are compliant;
- Assisting with the preparation of the Interim and Annual Report and Resource Accounts;
- Line management of a small team;
Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Applicants must have:
- Successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full current member of one of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies listed below:
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
- At least one years’ post* qualification experience of preparing financial or management accounts for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation on an IFRS basis,
- At least one years’ experience of maintaining and developing core IT financial and/or management accounting systems;
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages, to include MS Work, Excel and Outlook.
* “Post-qualification” experience will be deemed to have commenced from the date on which applicants are admitted to full membership of one of the professional bodies referred to at 1 above, having fully satisfied all the criteria for membership.
While preference will be given to candidates who are fully qualified and can demonstrate one years’ post qualification experience, consideration may be given to candidates who are part qualified, but can demonstrate at least five years’ experience in preparing accounts
To apply for this position please send your CV to Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for further information and a confidential discussion on this post please call Jamie at our Belfast office on 028 9521 1111.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and update with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.