IT & Digital
£16.04 to £0 Per Hour
MPA are currently seeking to recruit a Technical Data Specialist on behalf of our client based in Ballymoney. The post holder will be expected to provide specialist data extraction, analysis and presentation skills using programming tools such as structured query languages and visualisation software. They will be required to take a key role in the support of the Business Intelligence function and the delivery of ICT projects to the Client. They will develop and maintain effective communication networks with all stakeholders and undertake tasks assigned to them by the Information Systems Project Manager. This position will have an immediate start available.
- Provide the routine maintenance and support for the local data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions to ensure continuity of service for users.
- Take the lead in allocated areas of development to either enhance existing Business Intelligence applications and dashboards or to develop new; employing best practice processes for development.
- Provide system and user documentation for any solutions implemented; design and deliver training and provide support to users when required.
- Manage project work ensuring that outputs are delivered on time, to standard and within budget.
- Gain an understanding of the underlying database structures of the client’s systems particularly the modern systems with complex datasets. Work with System Managers and Service Managers to understand the linkages between database structures and the identified Business Intelligence requirements (including those required for monitoring data quality).
- Provide ways of extracting data from systems that are automated and suitable for further analysis by users. Promote efficient and effective processes for leveraging information.
- A University Degree or postgraduate qualification or recognised equivalent qualification in an ICT Discipline, Engineering or Mathematics.
- 2 years’ experience of interrogating and manipulating complex databases/datasets and their underlying structures, including the development of complex technical interfaces between database systems. Experience of system support/management essential.
- HND or a recognised equivalent professional qualification in an ICT Discipline, Engineering or Mathematics.AND 3 years’ experience of interrogating and manipulating complex databases/datasets and their underlying structures, including the development of complex technical interfaces between database systems. Experience of system support/management essential.
- 5 years’ experience of interrogating and manipulating complex databases/datasets and their underlying structures including the development of complex technical interfaces between database systems. Experience of system support/management essential.
- In addition applicants must have 2 years’ practical experience of the Microsoft Office suite of programmes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and intranets / internet.
- Immediate start available
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
- Pay Rate: £16.04 per hour
- Weekly Pay
- Holiday Fund
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sarah Wall on +44 (0)28 7035 7035 or send an up to date CV to email@example.com to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.