£11.29 to £12.24 Per Hour
Job Role: Support Workers
We are pleased to be recruiting support workers for day & night duties for our client. We are looking for support staff in Carrickfergus, Holywood, Belfast and Lisburn that can work a shift pattern in line with their current staff.
Our client is one of the biggest providers of care for people suffering from learning disabilities and challenging behaviour in Northern Ireland. They are an amazing company to work for and offer competitive pay rates to all staff.
Applicants with MAPA training preferred but not essential as successful staff can be trained by the client.
Shift Pattern and rate of Pay:
Full Time and Part time roles available
Day Shifts – Varies due to shift rota
Night Shift – 8pm-8am
The rate for this role is £11.29 for days and £12.24 for nights Monday to Sunday.
What the role entails:
- To support and empower individuals to develop / improve independent living skills as identified in person centred plans. This may include providing support to manage domestic or social skills and personal care.
- To work closely with Team Leaders and scheme managers in preparing and implementing individual and group support programs.
- To work with other Support Workers and Team leaders to promote a safe working and living environment. For some schemes this will involve resolving situations which may arise from conflict or challenging behaviour and knowing the techniques and correct language to use to resolve such situations (necessary training and coaching will be provided).
- To be familiar with all administration requirements of the scheme, ensuring relevant and important information is recorded and logged as per the schemes reporting guidelines. (particular focus on critical incident reporting)
- Registered with NISCC or willing to register.
- Mandatory training completed within the last 12 months or willingness to do inhouse training
- Must complete Enhanced Access NI check6 months previous experience working within the healthcare sector
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.