Job Role: Support Worker -Night Time Crisis Centre
We are pleased to be recruiting a night duty Support Worker for a returning client for their team that cares and provides a service supporting the homeless people in Belfast City Centre.
As part of a team of four Support Workers (two workers per night) you will be responsible for the nightly management of the Annsgate Emergency Accommodation facility. You will ensure immediate and ongoing support for up to 10 females on any one night; many of whom will have complex and mulitple needs. You will have particular responsiblity for ensuring Annsgate is a female friendly, welcoming, safe and homely environment
Working hours and rate of Pay:
77 hours* worked on an overnight shift basis - usually worked 4 nights one week, 3 nights the next.
*due to Covid-19 the hours are currently 9pm-9am but this is subject to change.
Salary: £11.50per hour
Benefits: 20 days per annum plus Public/Bank Holidays (or pro rota) and Pension Scheme
What the role entails:
- Work to ensure Annsgate is a safe and welcoming environment for all; using skills that will manage and diffuse potential/actual incidents and actively promote equal opportunitites.
- In conjuction with clients initiate and facilitate ‘homely’ activities.
- Ensure all health and safety checks and paperwork are carried out according to policy and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies providing nightly services to rough sleepers.
- Ensure all clients have their basic needs met i.e. food, clothing, bedding etc.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and that health and safety and building repairs are reported.
- Effectively communicate within and between teams to ensure follow up work is acted upon.
- Be highly viglilant at all times when in a lone working environment.
- Develop effective relationships with females making particular efforts to break down barriers with those who are reluctant to access support and sustainable accommodation.
- Encourage clients to make a homeless application, ensuring points are maximised and areas of choice are realistic.
- Work with clients to draft and implement needs assessments and support plans ensuring clients receive an individual package of holistic support.
- Where neccessary, carry a caseload of keyworking clients ensuring regular 1 to 1 meetings to review progress towards goals.
- Ensure that all clients have identified risks assessed and a management plan in place.
- Signpost and refer clients to relevant service providers
- 6 months experience working in a homelessness environment
- 6 months experience working with people with complex needs
- Relevant experience or skills that would be transferable to the post Ability to develop Needs Assessments and Support Plans and manage a Key Worker case load
- Able to manage challenging individuals and situations
- Able to take the lead and work in partnership with other agencies
- Able to work nightly shift hours as required including weekends.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Access NI check is required for this post
- The post holder will be required to wear identifiable clothing (uniform) whilst working
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.Mcalinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.