IT & Digital, Management
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a Strategic Director to join their team. This is a highly senior role, where you will provide technology and business leadership to our clients workforce, as well as the implimentation and use of services across the business.
In this role you will be expected to develop a detailed multi-year strategy to further our clients capabilities to the international businesses, in a format that adequately considers, geography, language, culture and business environment. You must understand the differing technology environments in each country and work to create tactics that identify which ones are common across all countries, and those items that are unique to a location and/or business. You will be responsible for creating a virtual team to include both the business organisations (Systems, Technology & PBS) and control functions (HR, Risk, Finance, IT) with a view to providing both point in time solutions for specific issues and longer-term strategic goals. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop a financial framework that clearly identifies the total cost of each service and associated support and articulates the cost to the country and the enterprise cost for unifying the service across the regions and businesses.
- Work with senior IT staff in customer business unit and Corporate IT to ensure on going management of complex IT systems and support services.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills.
To be successful in the role, it is critical that you have platform support knowledge and experience, along with a working knowledge or life & group admin systems. You must have a broad range of IT competencies – SDLC, IT Support, ITSM, Security, DevOps and cloud, to ensure that business requirements are managed to the appropriate technical solution and service delivery. It is expected that you will have strong project management capabilities, interfacing with IT leaders in the countries and in Newark to help deliver multiple projects on an annual basis. Basic knowledge of virtualisation software, web technology, and IaaS cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Degree in computer science. Five year’s minimum experience in a senior role with a good mix of technology skills. Ability to work on own initiative within part of multi-skilled IT Group.
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions coupled with a history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and next generation products.
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Intellectual curiosity with a great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal motivation and a desire to achieve for yourself, your team and your company
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence