Staff Engineer, Web
Digital Health start-up
$165k base + bonus + stock options
MPA has been retained by a leading Digital Health organization to recruit a Staff Engineer, Web to join their team. You will be joining an organization that has grown significantly in recent years to become a leader within the Digital Health sector by bringing much-needed innovation to the stagnant health care industry. Their mission is to help people live healthier, happier lives every day.
We are looking for a Staff Web Engineer to help build and maintain Web SDKs for our clients Health OS™ platform. The ideal candidate will have built great web experiences using popular frameworks, and understands how those frameworks are designed, their limitations, and how to best leverage them. You are passionate about developer tooling and take great personal pride in building cool interfaces for other developers to use.
The Staff Software Engineer role encompasses mentorship, architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality.
In this role, you will:
· Work closely with all web developers to support them in building amazing web products and SDKs
· Understand developer pain points (internally and externally), and identify + implement solutions or tools that can alleviate them
· Evolve the architecture, patterns and tooling used in the League web codebase.
· Advocate for improvements and investments that align with business goals and opportunities
· Serve as a mentor for the broader League development team
· Collaborate with technical writers and developers to produce internal and external guidelines and documentation with main focus on developer experience.
· You are well versed with the Node/NPM and React ecosystems, and have built web applications using popular tools and frameworks (React/Vue/Svelte, NextJS/Remix, etc.)
· You can explain what tools like Web pack, Rollup and esbuild do, how they are different, and when one might want to use them.
· You are knowledgeable in interactive and responsive web development
· You’ve written tests using JS unit testing frameworks (e.g. Jest, Mocha, node-tap).
· You’ve configured and used popular CI/CD tools (e.g. GitHub Actions, CircleCI, etc.)
· You have a strong understanding of web services and APIs and how they are typically consumed by web applications
· You have strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
· You have a good understanding of product engineering and experience working closely with product managers and designers
· You have experience in web security integration, such as authentication, authorization, SSO solutions
· Deep knowledge of React and Redux
Tech stack: Google Cloud, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Go (backend), React, Kotlin (Android), Swift
(iOS), Prometheus, Grafana, Sentry